Friday, August 7, 2009

Reception & Honeymoon

Show Us Your Life with Kelly‘s Korner

We get to show off our wedding receptions and honeymoons this week on Kelly's Korner!

We had our reception at The Jewel Box in St. Louis' Forrest Park. It's a huge green house and it's beautiful inside and out. It was so neat to walk up to it at night when everything else was dark and the building was all lit up.

Our first dance was to 'Satellite' by Collective Soul. I love how our little flower girl is in the background holding her little bouquet and my huge one - I think it weighed about 10 pounds and she just stood there waiting for the song to finish so patiently.


We hadn't bustled my dress before our dance and the train was getting in the way so I just stopped, picked it up and threw it over my arm and kept dancing.

We had a plain white cake for mine and a double chocolate something for his. They were both incredible (at least, from the one bite of each of them that I got) :-)

We went to Maui on our honeymoon and stayed at the Sugar Beach condos. We had a great time snorkeling, exploring, walking around, enjoying the beach and just relaxing.

Our last day there was actually Thanksgiving Day so we cooked shishkabobs on the resort grills, watched the sun set and enjoyed one last evening on the beach. It was perfect!

Make sure you go to Kelly's to see everyone elses' receptions and honeymoons!



2 comments:

A Refocused Life said...

Beautiful. The garden setting must have been fabulous. I love your cake.

Mrs. Fabulous said...

Beautiful pictures! I LOVE the Jewel Box!