Friday, August 14, 2009

My Favorite Places

Show Us Your Life with Kelly‘s Korner

Kelly has asked everyone to share our favorite vacation spots this week and I can't pick just one so here goes nothing...

First, Red River, New Mexico. My Mom grew up going here as a child and when she and my Dad got married, they went and loved it just as much as she did and the rest is history. Red River is my home away from home. I spent two summers working here during college, endless summers hiking through the mountains and wading in the river and enjoying God's amazing creation. We have gotten to be great friends with all of our "neighbors" too and I enjoy getting to see them whenever I have the chance.



My second favorite spot is definitely Florence, Italy. I technically haven't vacationed there, just spent 4 months there studying abroad, but I can't wait to go back with Mike some day!


4 comments:

Delightful Dwelling said...

Ooh, pretty pictures. I would love to go to Italy, that's wonderful you got to spend months there.

Lyryn said...

My Aunt and Uncle lived in Italy for a year, they loved it. I always wanted to go. Maybe we both will have our chance! ;)

Beth P. said...

It would be amazing to vacation in Italy! Love the pictures!

Christa said...

Oh I just love Red River, NM. We went a few years back for a snow skiing trip and it was just beautiful!