- My Mom spent the weekend with us. We had a great time doing a lot of nothing, making tamales, and enjoying each other's company.
- our neighbors have started shooting off fireworks in the evening even though our city/county regulations say they can't until July 1 and they have to stop after July 5. I like fireworks but not so much that I want to hear them popping and banging for two weeks.
- Lily is NOT a fan of the fireworks. She runs to the basement and hides and starts shaking. Poor dog.
- one of the neighbors that started shooting fireworks off on Tuesday received a visit from the police, bomb squad, haz mat team, and who knows what other law enforcement. Apparently he was selling fireworks out of his garage. So much for our quiet little street on the outskirts of town.
- some friends of ours had their baby and we got to meet her tonight. ADORABLE! I could have held her all night.
- I'm debating getting this chair for our living room but can't decide what fabric I would choose and if I like the casters on the front legs. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Highlights of the last few days (no pictures, sorry):
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Friday, June 11, 2010
Thursday, June 10, 2010
I'm thankful for:
- the date Mike and I had tonight - we needed a night to just talk and relax
- the rain we've had the last week - the small break in the heat was wonderful
- knowing that next Thursday, I get to hear Erin Bode sing for the first time in far too long
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Okay, so there's a little more organizing left to do but hey, it's a BIG improvement compared to the before.
Here's Mike's area from the door:And my area from the door:
And my area from Mike's corner:
It isn't quite the oh-so-pretty work/craft room I had in mind but again, it's a huge improvement.
- refinish Poppop's chair
- make sunflower pillow (like this one) for the living room couch. My artistic painting skills aren't that great so we'll see how that turns out. (DONE)
- make a cake stand like this one - such a fun and brilliant idea and yay for saving $$! (debating doing this one quite yet - we just don't have room to store it)
- refinish this table (Not sure I'm going to anymore - it looks great as it is)
- paint the basement room floor (DONE)
- finish a scrap book for my my Mom's and my two week trip to Paris/England/Ireland in 2004 (yep, that far behind...) (DONE)
- finish scrap booking our road trip from the summer (DONE)
- make a "snuggie" for Mike (will be done so - I'm going to buy a real Snuggie because it's less than half the price of buying the fabric to make one) (DONE)
- make a bath robe for Mike
- make a sign with our last name & "Est. 2007" on it to hang in our little entry. I've been meaning to order one but, due to my indecisiveness, can't figure out exactly what I want it to look like so I'm doing it myself. That way if I don't like it, I have only myself to blame. :-) (DONE - see the sign here)
- make a new headboard for the KING SIZE mattress we bought yesterday
- make a bedskirt for same said bed (DONE - Thanks, Mom!)
- make a curtain for our bathroom window (don't worry, the window is actually a bunch of glass tiles but it needs something to soften it up a little)
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Thursday, June 3, 2010
I'm thankful for: