Saturday, October 9, 2010

Europe - Day 1

So begins at least 10 posts about our trip. :-)

We got to London at 7:20 a.m. on Sunday and immediately took the tube to St. Pancras to catch the chunnel to Paris. I'd love to tell you what it was like to take the chunnel but truth be told, I slept through the ENTIRE thing. Guess I'll have to take it again sometime when I can actually stay awake!

We got to Paris, found our hostel so we could dump our bags and then headed out!

First stop - walking the Champs Elysses! There were people everywhere. At one point foot traffic almost came to a complete stop. I was looking all around trying to figure out what was going on and realized we were outside of a movie theatre and they were premiering "Eat Pray Love" so Julia Roberts was there and everyone wanted to see her. I'll admit that part of me wanted to stick around but then I remembered we were in Paris and I have a better chance at running into Julia in New Mexico so we kept going.


From the Champs Elysses we went to see the Eiffel Tower. We enjoyed nutella crepes (with banana for me) and people watched before we walked over to the tower. The line to go up was really long and I'm assuming it was because it was semi-close to sunset and people were trying to go up at sunset. We took tons of pictures, said "yep, that's it" like I did the first time I saw it and kept walking sans any of the mini towers or goofy toys the street vendors were selling.


I cannot remember the name of this bridge but it's pretty. This was at one of our "stop and check the map" moments.

We kept it fairly simple the first day. We headed back to our hostel at this point with the goal of finding dinner on the way there. We were in bed by 9 that night and were exhausted!

No comments: