Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Furlough: Day 2

Whew! It's hot... I knew there was a reason I wasn't a fan of summer. A lot of what we do during the day is 'scheduled' based on whether or not it requires us to be outside - if it does, we do it earlier in the morning before the lovely Midwestern heat really kicks in.

Today we:
  • made cinnamon bites for breakfast (aka, Grands biscuits cut into quarters, dipped in a little butter and then cinnamon and sugar and then bake!)
  • took my car in for servicing. Worst experience at the dealership ever. It really wasn't that bad, just annoying. I'm thankful for a husband who knows about car stuff so I don't get "had".
  • went to the jeweler and had a new battery put in my watch (and had my rings cleaned - SO shiny now!)
  • ran more errands and bout Mike new pants, jeans and a shirt at Eddie Bauer's sale.
  • cleaned the basement
  • shredded our "shred pile"
  • went through old magazines, ripped out inspiration pages and threw the rest out. (We don't have recycling here, bummer)
  • and my favorite, I took a two hour nap. I could get used to that...
That's it! Fairly productive. Now, dinner and out to brave this crazy heat for Mike's softball game. I'm just glad it's not until 8...

No comments: