Thursday, May 7, 2009

Show Us Where You Live: Living Room

Today, Kelly's Korner is hosting 'Show Us Where You Live' and is covering living rooms. So, here's ours!

This is our living room from our front door. It's simple, still needs work, but I like it. (Here are my sky-is-the-limit dreams and plans for the room) My grandpa made the coffee table from an old pedestal breakfast table and used to be in their formal living area - it is so special to me. The rocker also used to be my grandparents. My Mom made our curtains and they are wonderful (so is she!) We got the lamp next to the couch with a gift certificate we got as a wedding gift - Mike married us and he and his wife, Janie, have a cabin in the same little New Mexico town my family does and I think of them and the mountains every time I see the lamp.


This is the view from the dining area. The wall with the mirror frustrated me to no end for the longest time because I couldn't find anything I liked enough to put there. I finally put this together, and I think we hung it too high, but oh well. :-)


Here's the table I've been working on for a few weeks - it's not perfect but I'm pretty proud of it considering this is the first piece of furniture I've "refinished". For anyone reading this who does this kind of thing more often - I'm open to suggestions on making it just right. :-)

The coasters on the table are M.A. Hadley - my parents have the entire dish set and I've grown up eating off of them. My MIL bought these for us, along with the Christmas platter you saw in the kitchen post and they coordinate with our green, blue and white dishes perfectly.



All of the toys - those are the dog and cat's. :-) 

Hope you enjoyed - can't wait to see where everyone else lives!








4 comments:

Natalie Meester said...

I like your coffee table!

Andrea said...

I think it is wonderful that you have several pieces of furniture that have been passed down. That is so special! Thank you so much for sharing! :)

~Katie said...

Love your brick fireplace and hearth.

~Katie said...

Awwww, Thanks for the comment. Please let your friends know of our blog. We just returned from dinner with complete strangers that hope to adopt and wanted some insight. We don't know everything but we know a lot. I will pray for your friends, as the system can be so frustrating and awful.

Blessings,
Katie