Friday, July 24, 2009

The Dress



We get to show off our wedding dresses on Kelly's Korner today and I am excited because my dress was EXACTLY what I wanted - I just wish I had an excuse to wear it again!

Before I started dress shopping I knew that I wanted a strapless, drop waist dress with a semi-long train, beaded bodice and simple skirt. I thought it would be fairly easy to find but, no so much. After visiting about 5 or 6 stores, I went to my first appointment at a store. The girl helping me with the dresses was telling me (we we put on THE dress) that most girls think they'll have this "Ta da" moment when they see themselves in the dress and just know but that in reality, it usually didn't happen that way. I knew before I even got out of the dressing room that I had on THE dress.

I tried a few other dresses on later that day but nothing felt right after the one from earlier and the rest, as they say, is history.



A friend of mine borrowed my dress for her wedding too. It makes the dress just that much more special!

7 comments:

Rebekah said...

Love your dress, very beautiful!

bev said...

Too bad I'm too short to ever borrow it too! ;) it truly was the perfect dress- and you looked stunning. So happy I got to share that day with you and Mike nearly 2 years ago! love you both! =)

Emily said...

It's gorgeous! And how great that you had a friend the same size and could use it too.... double blessing for that dress.

Lacie said...

Beautiful! Stunning bride and gown!

krousehouse said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Paige said...

the dress is beautiful and i love the autumn pictures! if you are dying to wear your dress again you could always do it for halloween!!

Kelly said...

Your dress was just Beautiful - no wonder you loved it so much!