Friday, January 25, 2008

The Children's Section

One of my friends and her husband are getting ready to welcome their first child into the world. Her baby shower is tomorrow and since she was an English major in college, taught high school English for the last few years and bottom line, loves reading, I thought a few 'classics' would be the perfect gift.

I went into Borders today after work to find a few of my favorites and ended up taking a trip down memory lane. I went in knowing I would be purchasing 'Love You Forever' and thought I'd figure it out from there. I found 'Goodnight Moon', 'Where the Wild Things Are', 'The Jolly Postman' and a list a mile long of titles that brought a smile to my face. A new favorite that I had to check out after hearing such rave reviews was 'Fancy Nancy' - so cute and so fun, even if you're a big kid. :-)

What was your favorite book when you were little?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG!
Or curious george! or... bearenstein bears :)