Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lessons from the Lord

Remember this rug? Well, God is humbling me and reminding me that things are just things and that I need to remember that they won't do me a darn bit of good past this life.

After taking Lily to the groomer yesterday morning I was folding laundry on the couch and noticed a bunch of fibers on the rug - LOTS of fibers. Upon further inspection I found a nice little bald patch in the rug. Yep, Lily dug in. I don't even want to take a picture it's still irking me so much but like I said, God is reminding me that the rug is just stuff and that having a nice rug isn't going to get me in to Heaven. I also can't help but think this is His way of preparing me for what I'm sure will be many broken things because of little hands in the future.

(I am planning on getting some good old Alene's to help put the fibers back in the rug so it isn't quite so bare in that area - should be interesting...)

1 comment:

Amy Prikazsky said...

It’s so funny that you wrote this post because I was just thinking about it…I saw this tv special on people who won the lottery and 1 of the men said they gave it all away because they can’t take it with them. I was floored to hear him say that but it really is so true!
Thanks for sharing!

Amy
www.theprikazskys.com