Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Pre-Christmas

Yes, yes, I know, it has been awhile. I do have a reason - I don't like to broadcast when I'm going to be out of town. :-)

We had a great Christmas in Vancouver with Mike's family but man was it an exhausting few days leading up to our flight North. We left the Monday before Christmas but in the 4 days prior to that, my Grandad ended up visiting the ER and then returning to the hospital for a 5 day stay. I knew he would be fine so I wasn't too nervous about leaving town but was still a little anxious.

My brother, and later my Dad, came and stayed at our house to help my grandparents and it ended up being a big blessing to us since we'd have someone watching our house for a few extra days (even though we had wonderful friends who were already planning on checking on the house and the cat), someone to take us to the airport, etc., etc.

Long story short, after juggling some minor logistics, Grandad came home from the hospital in time for Christmas, Mike and I had a good time in Vancouver, the house, dog, and cat were all well watched during our trip and bonus, we didn't have to pay for parking at the airport since my parents were here when we got back. :-)

More on Christmas later! :-)

No comments: