Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Yay!

I love the feeling of relief you get when you think you're going to have to replace something and then you fix it!

Tuesday morning our disposal made a new noise as I turned it off. I was in a hurry to get out the door since the roads were icy and I knew I'd need a little extra time to get to work so I didn't think much of the noise. Mike was sick that day and emailed me later at work saying that the disposal wasn't working. Great.

Yesterday, I didn't feel like messing with it. I figured we'd have to take the whole thing off, mess with it and then have to buy a new one and that was not a reality I was ready to face, so I ignored it for just a little longer.

This morning, I asked my Dad about it when we were talking on our way to work (I talk to my Mom and Dad every morning on my way to work) and he said there was a hex-key hole in the middle of the underside of the disposal and to 'open' it as doing so would free anything that might be stuck in there. SO, I came home, laid down on the floor and stuck my head under the sink to find the hex key and while under there, saw a little red button on the disposal. At that point, I figured it couldn't hurt to push it so I did, got up, flipped the switch and heard the glorious noise of a working disposal.

I was quite proud of myself, even if I just pushed a little red button. :-)Yay for not having to buy a new disposal!!!

1 comment:

renee said...

mine does that too! God bless the reset button!!!!