Tuesday, June 29, 2010

This, That, and the Other

Highlights of the last few days (no pictures, sorry):
  • My Mom spent the weekend with us. We had a great time doing a lot of nothing, making tamales, and enjoying each other's company.
  • our neighbors have started shooting off fireworks in the evening even though our city/county regulations say they can't until July 1 and they have to stop after July 5. I like fireworks but not so much that I want to hear them popping and banging for two weeks.
  • Lily is NOT a fan of the fireworks. She runs to the basement and hides and starts shaking. Poor dog.
  • one of the neighbors that started shooting fireworks off on Tuesday received a visit from the police, bomb squad, haz mat team, and who knows what other law enforcement. Apparently he was selling fireworks out of his garage. So much for our quiet little street on the outskirts of town.
  • some friends of ours had their baby and we got to meet her tonight. ADORABLE! I could have held her all night.
  • I'm debating getting this chair for our living room but can't decide what fabric I would choose and if I like the casters on the front legs. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

No comments: