Monday, October 12, 2009

This and That

I've been in a blogging funk the last few weeks. Here's a little of what's been running through my mind:

  • I don't like that Obama won the Nobel Prize. I think it belittles the honor because he hasn't actually done anything.
  • I saw an article discussing how this clip from Saturday Night Live is one of the best ways to describe how Obama's term is going so far. The article basically said that you know he's not doing a good job when groups who normally support him are turning on him.
  • Those last two posts probably make it pretty clear that I'm not an Obama fan. Regardless, he is our President and I am praying for him and the decisions he makes because I want MY country, and the country both of my granfathers fought so hard for, to remain the land of the FREE.
  • I hate confrontation but, for some reason, have really wanted to "run my mouth" a lot lately. (I'm mostly talk but sometimes I actually get brave and really let my frustration be heard) I'm praying that I can do so appropriately - and I hope that makes some kind of sense.
  • I'm praying that the economy turns around soon. I'm tired of the roller coaster ride that 2009 has been but counting ALL of the blessings Mike and I have had bestowed upon us through this crazy time.
  • I wish I could fix everything for everyone. I have so many friends going through things that make me hurt so much for them. I know God has a plan and His plan is perfect but I really wish I understood it all a little better right now.
  • It smelled like Texas when I took my dog outside a few days ago. Texas has three distinct smells for me: bacon, manure and another smell that I can't really describe other than it puts me at peace and makes me think of all the times I'd stand on the storm shelter at my Poppop's and just breathe in the smell.
I feel like I'm being such a downer but somehow I feel better so thanks for reading. :-)

No comments: