Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Grocery List

I learned very early in life how to make a grocery list. Don't ask me how or why, I just did. I loved helping my Mom write down the list of things we needed to get (and adding things I wanted) and watched my Mom as she organized the list into categories: fresh, frozen, dairy, meats, packaged & misc. That organization had to have come from the fact that with three little ones, grocery shopping could be quite the task and the list made things as efficient as possible.

When I go grocery shopping, I sort my list into the same categories my Mom does. Today, a lady at the store looked at me and said "that is the best grocery list I have ever seen, it makes so much sense!" I couldn't help but laugh and of course, thank her and tell her I learned it from my Mom.

Thanks, Mom, for making grocery shopping so easy! (Now if we could just figure out what to do when we forget our list at home...)

2 comments:

TymandKristenFlory said...

Tym and I have our list typed and saved on the computer. It makes making the list a piece of cake. Glad to hear that other people have similar grocery store experiences. I thought I was just weird.

Mark and Emma said...

What a great idea!