Sunday, September 14, 2008

Blue Skies and Rainbows

Wichita got LOTS of rain on Friday. 10.31 inches fell in 24 hours, a new record. Wichita has two sides, an East and a West side (which side of town you live on is a very big deal around here but that's another story). While the East side has it's problems when it comes to weather, it's nothing compared to the West side of town and the flooding it encounters.

Friday's rains carried into Saturday and it finally stopped and starting clearing up just around sunset. Mike and I were getting ready to watch 'The Bucket List' when the tint of the sky caught my eye and when I looked outside, I saw the end of a rainbow. I ran upstairs to get a better look and discovered a beautiful, FULL rainbow. It was a wonderful reminder of God's promises to us.

1 comment:

Sarina said...

What a beautiful picture...do do you live in the west side or the east side? :-)